Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rest and Relaxation

It has been almost three weeks since my husband went back to Afghanistan. R&R was absolutely amazing and I feel so lucky to have had him home for Christmas and to kiss when the new year rang in. We also celebrated our anniversary while he was here, since he flew out a few days prior. We wined and dined and had a wonderful time...but now he is back to work.




 
This is the view my husband sees constantly. He is a gunner...you know, the guy on top of the trucks with a big gun. He also sent me this picture of a sunset.
 
 
We're a little over 60% done with this deployment. A part of me is excited because we have the majority of the deployment behind us but I am also a bit discouraged because we still have so much in front of us.
 
I think once the weather gets warmer and I can start going outside more; time will fly! Too bad there are still two and a half months of winter! Ok ok, back to being optomistic...positive, Jessica. Think positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment