I've had a rough week and I don't feel like whining and complaining about it, so instead I am going to force myself to search for the positive things that have happened in the last seven days.
- I got a much needed, new vacuum on Sunday. A Dyson DC23 Turbinehead and I love it (and no, the Dyson people didn't pay me to say that).
2. I deep cleaned my entire house on Tuesday and it felt amazing. Cleaning is somewhat therapeutic for me, it gives me a sense of control and makes me feel calm. When my house is completely clean I can fully concentrate on the other things I need to get gone.
3. I'm struggling through my Precalculus class and my textbook didn't come with the access code for a tutorial website (I bought it used), so I was
desperate willing to pay for the access code from anyone who would let me. Well the following conversation took place with a fellow classmate:
Me: Hey, did the access code come with your book?
Me: Do you use it?
Me: ((dying with excitement but playing it cool)) Can I buy it off of you?
Classmate: You don't need to buy it off of me...you can have it.
(he hands me the access code)
Me: Noooo, I can't take it.
Classmate: Yeah, you can. You can have it.
Me: Are you sure?! I will pay for it!
Classmate: ((laughs)) No. Don't worry about it. It's all yours.
And I thought to myself, "Wow, there are still generous people in the world!"
Sometimes when you've had a bad day (or week) you feel as if humanity has gone down the drains. Then, the universe comes and smacks you over the head with a great gesture from a good sameritan and the world is good again!
4. Mr. I came back from his last two mission safely. I am so very thankful for this.
5. I found out that next week will be in the 60s. That is fabulous news! I need to dethaw and I think my Snow White skin could use a little sun.
6. I made the Pioneer Woman's Fettuccine Alfredo this weekend and it was to DIE for! No, really. It's butter, cream and cheese...you will die if you eat it. Hahaha, but what a way to go! I'm just kidding.
But seriously, it was so easy and it was soooooo good! I used half & half, since that's what I had on hand and, of course, I used gluten free pasta and even with the changes it was delicious! I can't wait to make it for Mr. I.
7. A perfect stranger gave me a compliment the other day. It made me feel good :)
This actually did make me feel better. Cheers to the silver lining!