Friday, March 11, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

I know, I know, I'm suppose to be doing my 30 Day Challenge but don't worry I'm working on it. In the mean time I am doing the MilSpouse Friday Fill-In! Thanks Wife of a Sailor!

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In


This week's questions are:



1. During military separations (whether short or long) how do you keep yourself positive and motivated? submitted by Married/Single Parent



My first tool of motivation is the Donut of Misery. The name is not pleasant but the concept is. It is an excel spreadsheet that calculates the percentage of the deployment you have completed and the percentage until you reach the end of the deployment. It also shows the days, weeks, minutes, seconds etc. I love it because everytime it moves a percentage point I get so excited! It's a nice way to see the progress you've both made.


2. What is your favorite concert you have ever been to? submitted by Young but Not (Completely) Dumb



My favorite concert was when Mr. I and I went to see the band Heart perform in Virginia Beach. It was AWESOME! They sounded even better in person. One of my favorite memories with Mr. I.


3. What do you miss most about your “hometown”? submitted by A Florida Girl and Her Soldier



FOOD! I'm a total foodie but I didn't realize how much I would miss the taste of my hometown. I miss the delicious Mexican food, tofu sandwiches at Whole Foods (we have Whole Foods here but they don't make the sandwich here :( ), protein style cheese burger from In-N-Out, and Yogurt Mill (I don't know why but frozen yogurt is non-exsistant in central Virginia. I also miss the HUGE farmer's markets.


4. If you could run in any race, which charity would you choose to support? submitted by Wookie & Co.



If I had to choose one charity it would be the Wounded Warrior Project. These soldiers and their families sacrifice so much, they deserve all the support in the world.


5. You find out Willy Wonka is your father, what 3 course meal do you INSIST he create in that stick of gum? submitted by A{muse}ing Mommy on a Pink Park Bench



First of all, if Willy Wonka is my father...there is a lot of explaining someone has to do. BUT back to the question. My appetizer would be esgargot in garlic butter served with gluten free bread. My main course would be a whole Maine lobster with a side of crab legs and clarified butter. My final course would be banana ice cream with gluten free brownies mixed in. Mmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, I miss that about my hometown too! If there was just a Sonic near me life would be SOO much better! :)

    http://hollysanduskyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete