Friday, March 18, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

As usual I am participating in the MilSpouse Fiday Fill-In. Go over to Wife of a Sailor to check out more.


This week’s questions are:


1. What are some of your ideas for staying connected with family…you know, those people we moved thousands of miles away from? submitted by Live it. Love it (or not). Write About It.




We keep in touch mostly by phone. We all have Verizon and get to talk as long as we want for free.


2. What’s the most romantic gift you have GIVEN? submitted by Painting My Canvas

Hmmm, I honestly don't know what would be the most romantic because usually our gifts are extremely practical and usually planned or hinted at lol. Oh! I just thought of one! About a month ago, Mr. I asked me if I could send him something with my perfume on it. He suggested a pillowcase. I remembered that our ACS makes pillowcases with a photo on it for soldiers and their families that are deployed. Well I got a picture of us during R&R and put it on there and sent it to him for Valentine's day and of course strayed my perfume on it for him. He absolutely loves it and sleeps with it every night.



3. Would you encourage your child, if they came to you and wanted to join the military? submitted by Perfectly Imperfect

I wouldn't encourage it nor discourage it. I would want them to research all options and decide for themselves.


4. What is your least favorite bill to pay and why? submitted by A Little of This, A Little of That

I hate paying for cable even though its only $20 a month. I just can't live without television it helps me unwind after a long day.



5. What is the proudest moment you’ve had as a military spouse? submitted by Our Okinawa Life

My husband's last homecoming ceremony. It was a loooong 15 month deployment and we had gotten married during R&R. I had never been to any military anything before that day. I was so overwhelmed by all the signs, and people, and being on a military post in a hanger. When I saw Mr. I walk in with his unit my breath was taken away. I cannot wait for this deployment's homecoming ceremony!

No comments:

Post a Comment